Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Poem - Inside the Storm

It has been a long time since I have written poetry... I used to write all the time, and I also used to sing specials at church. All that changed when I entered this storm. Poetry and music are so personal and emotional. To write poetry I have to open myself up to my emotions and my situation and I have not been willing to do that until today.

Inside the Storm

The battle for my life had begun
Clouds rolled in, squelched the sun
My heart ached for what was to be
The rain poured down, I could not see

My friends and family closed around me
They petitioned God on bended knee
To stop the storm, stop the rain
Give me a life with much less pain

Then the storm appeared to calm down
But roared back to life, no end to be found
I struggled and struggled to find the light
Determined to not give up the fight

Again, the storm looked like it was ending
I questioned what message God was sending
As the storm again raged, swirled, and roared
I begged for my life, around me it poured

Then I found peace from inside the storm
And then, God's answer began to take form...
Make the best of the time God gives you
Spend it with the ones you love, and stay true
                                                                  Melanie Decker
                           

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful, Mel. Love you and pray for you.

    Tina O.

    ReplyDelete