Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why Me?

Since I was diagnosed many people have asked me "why you" They have told me I am such a good person and I don't deserve it. I have been asked if I have asked God "Why Me?..... my answer is NO. My response to those people were - "Why not me". You see bad things happen to good people and bad people alike, and although it seems people who choose to live a sinful life get away with everything and nothing bad every happens to them... that is not the reality. We just pay more attention to the "good" people who are afflicted with trials.

The questions I do ask God are:
"Why now?"
-why now when I am in a young marriage and have a little baby girl who needs me?

"Why can't anything ever be easy?"
-it seems that whenever something happens to me it is the most difficult thing, or hardest to fix, etc...

"Why won't He heal me?"
-I've been diagnosed with the cancer, had it come back, then have it once again come back and spread to my liver making me stage IV.

****Is it okay to question God? Of course. Jesus Himself asked God "why hast thou forsaken me" He also asked God to "take this cup from me"... even though He knew He would still have to die for our sins His human side asked God to take it from Him.

Paul asked God 3 times to take his afflication from him. And Job too asked God to heal him....
It is okay to question God, and to ask Him to heal us. However, we must remember that His answer may very well be "NO". As with Jesus and Paul. But it may be yes as with Job.

We are to pray believing that God can do it; we are to have faith that He can do it..... but we also need to not be bitter or angry if God decides to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment