Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

What now?

I am starting chemo again tomorrow. One I've not been on - it is for cancer that has spread and is used not as a cure but to maintain the cancer and try to give me a longer life. Although my doctor said her goal is still a cure... I don't know if that is still possible but we can hope and pray.
I was supposed to be having reconstruction surgery in the next couple weeks... of course that is out with the cancer back and having just had radiation and now starting chemo. Unfortunately, it is not only postponed (again) but now it is out of the question forever. I was really looking forward to looking somewhat normal again and now I have no hope of that.
My doctor is trying to get my insurance company to cover a study (T-DM1) It is the medication I am on (which has not worked) mixed with another drug that is supposed to target the gene and take the drug directly to it and kill it. I am not really sure how i feel about the study right now. The consent form states some of the siedeffects and there were a few deaths... I am pretty sure my insurance will not cover it and if it doesn't then that takes the decision right out of my hands.
Either way I will begin chemo tomorrow. I am not willing to wait any longer and allow this cancer any extra chances at spreading more then it already has.

No comments:

Post a Comment